Precinct Chair Job Description
The Precinct Chair is the most important position in our county party. They help us win elections, and turn the current political tide and atmosphere
Professionals in politics agree on at least one point: elections can be won or lost in the voting precincts at the grassroots level. The Precinct Chair represents the smallest unit of the organization. The Precinct Chair’s performance has a profound effect on the overall strength, influence and success of the County Party.
We have regular trainings for new Precinct Chairs so that you’ll know how to be most effective. We also have area leaders who are here to help you every step of the way.
Precinct Chairs must be residents of their voting precinct, be registered voters, and not be candidates for nomination or election to, or be the holder of, an elective office of the federal, state, or county government. They are chosen by the Precinct’s Republican Primary voters at the biennial General Primary Election. Together with the County Chair, who is chosen by the County Republican Primary voters at the biennial General Primary election, the Precinct Chairs constitute the Republican County Executive
Committee. The term of office for both Party positions is two years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit Precinct volunteer workers.
- Maintain a list ofvolunteer workers with contact information and areas of expertise.
- Work with the Party’s Leadership and Organization Committee to train volunteer workers on
implementation of the Party’s Precinct programs and campaign activities.
- Keep precinct records .
- Attend meetings of the County Executive Committee.
- Serve as Election Judge or alternate Election Judge for Elections.
- Coordinate and supervise precinct volunteer workers during the General election campaign.
- Participate in the Party’s General election Get-Out-the-Vote (GOTV) program that includes voter registration drives, precinct walks where applicable, yard sign distribution
- Support the General election Republican ticket.
If you need more information, contact our office at 817.595.0303. We are here to assist you.