July 4th, 2011
July 4th a Republican Holiday?
According to a new Harvard study Ronald Reagan was right when he said “Republicans believe every day is July 4th, but Democrats believe every day is April 15th. The new Harvard study concludes that“ July 4th celebrations in the United States shape the nation’s political landscape by forming beliefs and increasing participation, primarily in favor of the Republican Party”. The study concluded that children who participate in July 4th events are likely to grow up to be Republicans.
Today is the 235th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. We must pass along our love for liberty to the next generation.
As Ronald Reagan also said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction”. To preserve the principles of self government, and liberty we must pass it on to the next generation. Celebrating July 4th is essential to preserving the principles of freedom.
This July 4th Keep the Spirit of 1776 alive by:
- Dressing in patriotic clothing
- Turn on the patriotic music
- Take as many kids as possible to watch a July 4th parade or fireworks display
- While the burgers and hot dogs are cooking, read the Declaration of Independence . The powerful message of this document helped birth our nation 235 years ago today.
- Watch the movie 1776 . It will be aired July 4th on the Turner Classics channel.
- Read aloud about the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence
- Invite your liberal friends, especially those with children to join your July 4th celebration. It might be too late for the adults, but there is always hope for their kids.
Celebrating July 4th with our children and grandchildren is an investment in their future, and the of our nation. Help preserve our heritage, by passing it on.
Happy July 4th!